Excellent tailor made supports for children
Allowah Disability Support Services is aligned with Allowah Presbyterian Children’s Hospital. We have over sixty years’ experience in providing support to children with complex disabilities. We provide children and their carers with respect, dignity, emotional and spiritual support within a Christian environment in a way that maximises their quality of life.
Our vision is to be a centre of excellence, providing quality child & family centred supports to children with complex disabilities. We will be a source of encouragement, education and resources for other providers, and a place that seeks justice and shows mercy in Jesus’ name for children and their families.
Allowah is a modern, bright and light facility in Dundas Valley, NSW. We support children and young people up to the age of eighteen who have physical and intellectual disabilities such as genetic or chromosomal disorders, birth trauma, cerebral palsy, head injuries, and conditions acquired after birth. The transdisciplinary approach to the provision of support through Allowah Disability Support Services is key.
Service Charter – What you can expect from our service
Allowah Disability Support Services tailor makes packages of supports for you child based on what you and they want from life. We will regularly set goals with you that mean we can grow and change supports as your child grows and changes. We are flexible and provide a large number of supports… all in the one place. We will:
- communicate openly and honestly in a timely manner
- treat you with courtesy and respect
- support your right to make your own decisions
- give you information about managing any complaints or disagreements
- listen to your feedback and seek to improve our services
- protect your privacy and confidential information
- provide supports in a manner consistent with all relevant laws, including the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 and rules, and the Australian Consumer Law
- provide you with information about other providers if we can’t assist you
You can help us by:
- informing us about how you wish supports to be delivered
- treating our staff with courtesy and respect
- talking to us if you have any concerns and giving us honest feedback
- telling us if your circumstances change and providing us with up to date information
Allowah is required to comply with both NSW and national disability legislation. We are guided by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities which states that people with disability should enjoy the same human rights and fundamental freedoms as any other person. Our services must comply with the NSW Disability Services Standards.
We will review our Service Charter every two years in consultation with people accessing our services and supports, their families and carers, staff and other stakeholders.